Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 8 - On time

There is no planning for the unexpected - that is what makes it so.

I'm sure there is a "real" and much better quote somewhere, but that is what happened today.

We were going to give students laptops to work on their bibliographies and finish gathering Internet sources. However, no one gave Amy the combination to the lock on the laptop cabinet. Once that was received, it was already lunch. Later, we found that a password is required to print. Oh, my.

Amy filled the classes with CPR - Circle of Power and Respect - and listening/reading a book, "A long way to Chicago" which is a very good book (I plan to read it tonight).

I still have 3 lesson plans to get together, along with reading the book "Heat" and create a lesson plan for that. I must learn how the computer in the back of the room works - apparently students use the computer to take AE/AR tests (?what are these?). So much to learn still - I hope Amy has the time without taking into what she needs to do!

Tomorrow is Friday. The squirrels will want more nuts!

No comments: