Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 6 - Beginning of Week 2

Who said, "Prepare for the worst, expect the best" or something like that? Well, today was an interesting day.

Amy was home with a sick child. A sub was assigned to her class. Now, I know I'm "just" the student teacher and I've "only" been there for a week. I also know that I'm working FOR FREE and don't have a license. However, you'd think that maybe the sub would consider my input on the class just a bit? Nope. I was just the (un)paid help.

The sub ran the show. OK, he was getting paid and had a certificate and had subbed more than once. So, I deferred. That is what I'm suppose to do, right?

I did get to disclose the new seating charts and move the kids to their new seats. There was whining and complaining, which was not unexpected. I'll have to make some changes, as I was unaware of who was who's best friend or buddy, etc. There are apparently other issues of who doesn't like whom, etc. Amy and I will deal with that tomorrow.

Last week, I felt like a "part" of the class. Today, I felt like a second class citizen. I didn't much like that.

1 comment:

Liza G said...

January 19th there was a sub in my classroom. She let me "drive" if you will. I didn't feel so much like a second class citizen but more like the jailor on cell block #6. Tests on the 60s unit we did when I first got there and I was the person walking around saying "keep your paws to yourself" or "this needs to be done." There will be another sub tomorrow (1/21) I hope they aren't like your sub.