Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Of Students and Blogs - 26 Jan 2010

Today was not a very eventful day. Here was the breakdown:
  • I told the students that "Beta R.O.C.K.S." won as the blog name. Many were disappointed that "The Jackson" didn't win. But, as I explained (again) I could not use a name that didn't mean anything to me or the blog itself. By tomorrow, they will be over it.
  • We listened to the first half of the last chapter of "A Long Way From Chicago." It is a funny book and a quick read. I will admit I had trepidations when I first entered Amy's class, as I had heard from the student who had her practicum with Amy that the readings were "boring" and the kids "got nothing out of it." Well, I'm not bored, and the kids always have questions.
  • I found more resources for my poetry unit - which now looks like a 3 week stint! I'm going to throw some Mad Libs and other "fun" things into the 3 weeks, just to keep it interesting.
  • Prep hour is now 3rd, and Academic Enrichment (AE) is now 6th. Eh, I don't like the change, but, it is what it is.
Off to finish 2 lesson plans then get to that poetry unit!

No comments: