Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 4 - Student Teaching

Today was a brief day. In that I mean that not much happened, nothing interesting to report, and very normal.

Class announcements, Word of the Day, asking students to share name tents, and computer lab.

Perhaps, then, I should mention that I have "hall duty" from 8:10 to 8:25 every morning. Right now, that isn't so bad. But, when I start teaching alone, my students will be in my classroom before I will. That doesn't seem to make sense to me. I'll have to figure out something.

Well, my hall duty is covering the cafeteria. I'm only suppose to cover 1/2, but I walk all over. It is easy exercise, gets me brownie points, and lets the kids know there are adults who will hold them accountable. Today, more than the last 3 days, there seem to be more kids. Not only that, but they seemed to be more rowdy - or, better stated, like squirrels on caffeine. Exhausting.

No comments: