Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh, my

Here are my late posts to finish up the month of February:

February 26 off


February 25 Full day of conferences – Parents haven’t changed, and neither have students; unfortunate, though, that parents of students who are having the most difficulties did not show up


February 24 Computer lab, CPR – compassion poem; poetry vocabulary Evening conferences


February 23 computer lab – short lesson on using Word to create cover page and to add page breaks, as this was impromptu, I don’t have a lesson plan, but plan to use it in my checklist; powerpoint on poetry books handout, read a poem


February 22 The viceprincipal interrupted class to handle registration paperwork; poetry, vocabulary handout


February 19 Career Day Data – although this 8 hours of line reading and paper pushing counts toward a “standard”, I don’t see that I learned anything; also brings the question to mind, why not give Student teachers a list of activities to choose from to help with – dances, after school, things like this – and require that, say out of 6, they must attend 3 of their choosing; or, does democracy not exist when it comes to student teaching?

No comments: