Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Many Posts

I am behind 5 Journal Entries. I've decided to make them individual entries, for ease of reading.

February 8

Today was a mixed bag - some from Mrs. Skala, some from me. We started with Unit 13 Spelling worksheets. The students knew the "drill" and helped me along. First, I read the words; second I explain the worksheet; third, I give them time to work on it. Simple enough.

Then, I had the students work on goals. Amy gave me the goal sheets the students created in their first weeks of school. I pushed the students - I asked them to create or re-write 2 goals, one personal and 1 academic. It was a disaster! I don't know if I was asking too much of their developing brains (and I'm not being mean) or if they just didn't care. Perhaps my instructions were not clear or I explained too fast. I'm not sure.

As much as I like this group of students, I don't know if I can get to the level of explanation they need. I'll have to get out my Ed Psych book and review brain development.

No comments: