Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Not yet, Scooby Doo

My Furl demonstration has been put off until Thursday. I'm calmer about it now.

Yesterday's class was spent mostly in the computer lab. This is frustrating many people in the class. They are unsure as to why we are spending so much time on technology and minimal time on "how to classroom", for lack of a better term.

I'm sure our instructor has a reason for all the technology information and instruction; I can understand people's frustrations, as we have not been told why we are spending the time on technology. As usual, I see both sides to the story.

In the meantime, I've completed my assignments and am now completing my reading. Again, I'm caught in the Piaget-Vygotsky battle.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Hi there, welcome to the blog-o-sphere.
I love English! I'm currently in college and it's one of my subjects: It facinates me!

I think that a reason so much time is spent in computer rooms is due to it being such an important tool for teaching. And those below the age of about 20 were brought up computer literate and it can be very useful to know how to use the tools your pupils use daily.

I wish you all the luck in the world and look forward to reading more.